Wednesday, December 5, 2007

It's just pixels

There have been a lot of pixels spilled in articles and blogs over the past few weeks concerning how churches use the video game Halo 3 as an outreach tool. The New York Times published an article about it here. There are some really fun quotes in there. For instance, one youth pastor wrote a letter to parents in his church saying, "We want to make it hard for teenagers to go to hell." Never mind that you're bringing hell into your church by giving kids the thrill of blowing people/creatures up in the video game.

One really, really solid argument I saw for doing this was that there's no actual killing. It's all just pixels, so it doesn't really matter. I'm sorry . . . I know my posts are usually . . . longer than this . . . it's just I've got these great pixels . . . on my screen . . . they're not really naked women . . .

No comments: