Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sleep inversion

I had an interesting experience yesterday. We got up around ten to get ready to go see my niece play softball. (They won. The game was interminably long, but they got the W. And Kayleigh played well.) We got home around 4:30 and took a nap. Susan woke up at some point, but I stayed asleep. I rolled out of bed around ten. I did some things around the house and went back to bed around eleven.

It's pretty poetic to take a five hour nap, then get up for an hour, then go back to sleep for nine hours. This hasn't happened in a while. I wrapped up my Ethics class on Wednesday the 17th, and it has been great to be able to decompress. The tally goes 2800 pages, 40 hours of lecture, four papers and two tests in 13 weeks (while working full time). I read about 1300 of those pages in the last three weeks. So it's quite satisfying to invert my sleep schedule to try to "catch up" a bit. My next quarter starts in about two weeks, so I'd better do everything I want before that starts up again.

No comments: