Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Day-Age Theory of Christmas

My wife and I were lamenting once again how Christmas is screwed up. The hobby stores like JoAnn, Michael's, and Hobby Lobby all put their Christmas stuff out for sale even before Halloween. And traditionally Christmas season doesn't even start till Christmas Day! There are supposed to be twelve days of celebration starting on December 25. Of course, there's no historical basis for this; it just goes back to the AD 300s. I guess I should say there's no biblical basis for it.

Then I realized.

Liberals have been taking over Christmas for the last generation or two. Just like how liberals are saying there aren't six literal days of creation. They're trying to undermine the historical faith. Now they want to take the historical Christmas and turn it into some liberal, tree hugging (literally as they try to wrestle that giant pine onto their SUV the day after Thanksgiving!) unholyday. They're taking the twelve days and turning them into two whole months! I'm calling this perversion the Day-Age Theory of Christmas. They sing about the Twelve Days of Christmas, but in their hearts and lives they make each day of Christmas into like five days or an age.

As for me and my house, we're sticking with the twelve literal days of Christmas.

No comments: