Monday, January 11, 2010

Leadership

I think it is possible to take a ragtag bunch of lame people and build a thriving enterprise, be it a business or some other organization.

I only say this because of the example of Jesus. You may have the immediate GODman thought (rather than the more theologically appropriate manGod or Godman perspective). "Of course Jesus could take lame dudes and turn them into awesomeness. He was God." But that's just magical thinking. Do you notice how hard Jesus worked with his disciples to help them become like him? There certainly was no wandwaving. Jesus did the very human work of patient, forgiving, merciful leadership.

I'm afraid I don't have the courage today to lead the way Jesus did. May I have the humility to let God prepare me if that is his calling for me.

No comments: