Friday, July 31, 2009

Confident. Shul.

And by "shul" I don't mean synagogue.

It cracks me up how people who feel a bit important put an obstreperous confidentiality notice in their e-mail signature. Either they think people read bottom to top, or they blindly assume the cocky paragraph protects them.

Personally, I try to grace people with a creative e-mail. If it is misdirected, I want the recipient to enjoy the communique from erroneous punk. If feeling sassy, I put this in my signature line:

COMPETENCY NOTICE: This electronic communication is intended soulfully for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information which to read would be your privilege, which is competent and which may be exempt from disposal due to insipidity under applicable law. If you have received this communication in error, please feel free to delectate others and distribute the original message. Please gratify the sender by e-mail at the address shown. Thank you for your competence.

No comments: