Sunday, March 28, 2010

Life verses

For a few years now, my life verse part has been Numbers 21:16a: "From there they continued on to Beer" (all references TNIV).

As I was reading Torah at our baby's bedtime feeding tonight, I found a verse that means almost as much to me. Deuteronomy 12:20: "When the LORD your God has enlarged your territory as he promised you, and you crave meat and say, 'I would like some meat,' then you may eat as much of it as you want." AMEN!

I see my life like this. I say to a friend or a relative, "I would like some meat." We eat as much as we want. Then we continue on to beer. And my territory has been enlarged, to boot.

*DISCLAIMER*
Of course, I don't encourage misusing God's word this way. I think my three readers know this. But if you're just happening by, I encourage more and better Bible reading. Read large portions, such as whole books. Understand the historical context. Find yourself in God's great, big story of creation, uncreation, and recreation. And try my favorite beer, New Belgium's 1554. Wow, it's good.

No comments: