Sunday, March 28, 2010

Red Lobster

My wife and I both detest seafood. I mean, look in Leviticus; it seems that most of it is detestable to God too. Well, her parents came to visit and generously offered to take us to lunch today. The options were Olive Garden or Red Lobster. We both adore Olive Garden, but we both know that Red Lobster has options for people such as we. The geniuses there know that they select out a portion of their clientele if they don't provide decent food for those with good taste.

We selected the Cajun Chicken Linguine Alfredo and Baked Potato Soup. The soup was incredible. We ordered the full portion of the former, which comes with almost a pound of pasta. I was a bit hungry, but I didn't realize they had those awesome cheesy biscuits. So I ate a bunch of the biscuits, and we had a quite a bit of the pasta left over. The cajun spice was just the right amount of spicy (I do like spicy). Here's the thing: There was almost as much chicken as there was pasta. We all marveled at the exceedingly generous portion of chicken. It was a wonderful meal.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but if we had money to eat out, I would actually go back to Red Lobster. But only for the meal we had; not for the stuff they specialize in.

No comments: