Friday, June 6, 2008

Bus update

This morning, I actually biked the trip to WalMart to catch the bus. I made it in time, thankfully, but it wore me out!

Last night I was riding to the stop about half a mile from work, and I saw my bus driving by. Somehow, they saw fit to leave about five minutes early. I waved, and they kept going. I was about a hundred yards from the stop. Last bus for the night too. Not happy.

If I keep taking the 6:17 bus in the morning, I'll get the same driver for the rest of the month. I'm pretty motivated to keep dragging out at 5:20 in order to make this happen. She's really nice, and she even stops about a quarter mile from my workplace. Yesterday I was chatting with some talkative guys, and they asked my major in college. I noted "linguistics." This pleased the Classical Academy Latin teacher. When I was getting off the bus, the driver asked what my major was again because she thought I said "statistics" or "ballistics." She couldn't figure out why that was so meaningful to the Latin teacher.

Oh, what I could do with some ballistics training right now . . .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just bought my first bike in years, first bike with toe clips, skinny tires, etc etc. It uses muscles I've forgotten I had. 2 miles of riding gets me out of breath like I'd sprinted for half a mile.

John said...

I hear ya! Plus my butt's really sore. When does that stop hurting, again? Unfortunately, I'm using fat tires on the road. I should get skinny tires, but alas, no money.

Godspeed on that bike!