Thursday, June 26, 2008

Prayer

Yes, today's topic is prayer, but first an awful pun that indicates my relationship to my classes. (They're going well, by the way, but I have to keep motivated.) The words "diligence" and "dilly-dally" popped into my head simultaneously. Thus, my struggle is determining whether I will practice diligence or dilly-dallygence. Since I'm typing on my blog right now instead of listening to a lecture, you know what's winning.

For the SysTheo class, I'm reading a book by the professor, Ray S. Anderson, called "Judas and Jesus." There's a great quote about prayer on page 51 that I've been chewing on for a couple of days: "Prayer is not a means of removing the unknown and unpredictable elements in life, but rather a way of including the unknown and unpredictable factors in the outworking of the grace of God in our lives."

No comments: