Thursday, June 12, 2008

No more flats? Please?

I made it to work this morning with no flat tires after five in three days. I'm pinching myself, and my tires, to make sure I'm not dreaming.

I think my friend who worked in a bike shop nailed (so to speak) the problem for me. I have soft-walled mountain bike tires, and I was underinflating them. Hopefully that was the problem and I'll go 2000 miles without another flat, as Mark noted. (Thanks for your suggestions, Mark. I'll keep those in mind in case I do have another flat, God forbid. By the way, what's the wrong way to take the pump off? Or the right way, rather?)

In other news, my first seminary class is almost under my belt. I have to turn in my final by midnight on Friday. I haven't studied enough, but I feel fairly confident about my knowledge of the topic. I'm going to immerse myself today and part of tomorrow in European Reformations.

I got all my books for the two independent study classes I'm taking this summer (Reconciliation and the Healing of Persons/Sys Theo 2 and Christian Ethics). I have until mid-September to listen to about forty hours of lecture and read at least 2250 pages. I'll probably need to read closer to 3000 pages. Yikes. Better get on that.

No comments: